Thursday, August 27, 2009

Them foreigners...

I am always looking for ideas on improved and optimized foreign language instruction. So here are a few of my favorite tips, many of them from a book called How to Learn Any Language. Keep in mind that any serious attempt to acquire a new language requires a lot of perseverance, I speak of experience:)
- If you know a different language use it regularly with your kids and start as early as possible, ignore all attempts of the younger generation to dissuade you from your goal
- Read the local newspapers and magazines. It will give you the most frequently used word supply as well as the local news.
-Keep a journal in your target language
-Read native classics in your target language
-Read your favorite books translated into your target language
-Use copywork to internalize your target language and get a feel for usage and grammar

Now all I have to do is follow my own advice:)

0 comments:

Post a Comment