Monday, November 8, 2010

You can only give what you are

We believe that there are no coincidences in the world, everything is ordained from Heaven.  I heard from Reb. Tzipporah Heller in different contexts that one can only give what one has or one can only give what he /she is.  So the greatest gift we can give our children is a gift of ourselves, our passions, our interests, our values.  They will take their own paths in life but at the same time they will take something of us with them.  So if I am an artist and a thinker or whatever than that is what I can give my kids, they were not meant to have a mathematician for a mother.  So they can learn advanced mathematics from someone else but I guess they needed personal tuition in what I can give them from me, that's a pretty big vote of confidence there.  So as we grow as parents and as individuals, each in our own way, we can give our children more as we become more.  It's  a tall order but a very empowering one for parents. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment