Wednesday, April 6, 2011

The soda recipe and homemade Snapple

Here is the Penniless Parenting post I used for my soda inspiration.  I checked out the original spruce beer recipe she links to also.  But in the end,  I just made my regular lemonade recipe - 11/2 c sugar, 1c lemon juice and about 1.5 L water in a recycled iced tea bottle and added about a 1 tbsp of baking yeast.  Let it stand overnight until the bottle became hard and that was it.  It was a bit too sweet for me but the kids liked it.  And next time, I'd probably put less yeast and leave it out longer but I was pressed for time, it being Friday afternoon and all:)  I think I'd like to attempt ginger ale next using similiar technology.  In the past, I also made homemade Snapplelike iced tea, by mixing about a quarter of 1.5 liter bottle of nectar/fruit juice of choice with regular tea ( a couple of tea bags, hot water, sweetened to taste) to fill the remaining 3/4 of the 1.5 L bottle.  It came out very good also.

0 comments:

Post a Comment